Monday, February 28, 2011

Taking the Leap...to the Midwest

Most epic journeys start out with a transatlantic flight into the great unknown.  Mine started with a two-hour delayed flight to Chicago, an almost-meltdown in the airport and a night in the hotel Radisson.  After running between terminals and back again and trying not to panic as every airline slowly shut down for the night, I found a friendly face at the American Airlines counter.  It was clear to me that she could recognize that near-meltdown look in people's eyes.  She had never heard of Tbilisi, but it didn't matter, she knew how to get me where I needed to be.  Within minutes I had a new flight itinerary and a hotel voucher.    

So here I am with 12 more hours to kill in Chicago and when I land in Munich I'll have another 9 there.  I'm trying to look on the bright side: yes, I will show up to my training a whole day late, but hey, I've always wanted to see Munich.

1 comment:

  1. That sucks. I always get frustrated when things don't go smoothly. But Munich is a bonus. Have some Bier and Schokolade while there. (But probably not together.)

    ReplyDelete